Article: The Australian 04.01.16
Welcome to Project Wine
Project Wine is a state of the art Grape Processing, Winemaking and Storage facility established in 2001. The business has also developed a Branding & Distribution arm that is quickly positioning itself in domestic markets, along with established and developing export markets. The Winery is strategically located less than one hour from some of South Australia’s best known wine regions, including Adelaide Hills, McLaren Vale and Langhorne Creek, and less than two hours from the Limestone Coast and Barossa Valley. Carefully selected premium fruit is sourced from the above regions and other regions across the nation and from New Zealand, offering quality and flexibility to winemakers and clients. Wine is also presented to consumers through a diverse portfolio of reputable, high quality brands. Notable brands include Tail Spin, Three Pillars, Parson’s Paddock, and Bird’s Eye View.
Project Wine offers an extensive range of services, catering for the small grape grower and the larger wine business alike.
Scroll down to find out more about:
Project Wine has modern facilities and an experienced team to ensure processing is carried out efficiently and exactly to the client's specifications.
• Weighbridge with the capacity to weigh up to 60 tonne
• Grape receival facilities to suit all styles of delivery
• Two 25 tonne and two 30 tonne Taylor Receival bins
• The ability to Whole Bunch press
• Three 50 tonne and two 35 tonne Diemme Air-bag presses
• Red ferment capacity of 1,500 tonnes per cycle, with;
- 8 x15 tonne Potters
- 16 x 25 tonne Static Fermenters
- 12 x 50 tonne Sweeping Arm
- 8 x 50 tonne Rotary
• Centrifuge, Earth filtration and RDV capabilities
• HACCP Accredited
The winemaking team at Project Wine take pride in their attention to detail and strong relationships they have with all clients. All the winemakers understand that each client has individual requests when it comes to their wine.
• Winemaking consulting
- 4 experienced full time winemakers on site
• Planning and Logistics
• Wine Trials including
• Three fully serviced 18 m² Tasting Rooms
• Fully integrated Ezywine program
• Administration facilities for visiting winemakers
Wine storage is available at Project Wine for all clients and our facilities include:
• Bulk storage capacity: over 13 million litres
• Tank sizes ranging from 4,500 to 120,000 litres
• Insulated Barrel storage for approximately 3,500 barrels
Please contact us to discuss your storage requirements in more detail.
Our modern Laboratory provides a large range of analytical services for both in-house and contract clients, including the following:
• Grape Maturity testing
• Latest analytical technology:
- Anton Paar Alcolyzer for alcohol determination
- Steroglass Enotech – a fully automated enzymatic analysis unit capable of
Glucose/fructose levels in ferments
and finished wines
• Equipped for one off tests
- Sulphur content
- Wine protein stability
- Rapid cold stability (conductivity) testing
- Bentonite fining trials
- Enzymatic analysis
• Facilitate export certification
- VI1 certificates
- Continuing Approval Applications
Bulk Wine Supply
Bulk wine supply is a key component of Project Wine’s operations.
Click here for latest Bulk Wine Availability spreadsheet.
We supply bulk wine to small, medium and large domestic and international customers, offering a range of wine styles and varieties from key grape growing regions in South Australia. Project Wine supplies bulk for the customer to finish and blend, through to tailoring a wine to suit specific specifications, style and quality.
Wine quality and continuity is expertly managed by our experienced and professional winemakers. We are proud to work with some of the world’s leading wine retailers.
Branding & Distribution
Project Wine, through its sales and distribution division, Vinternational, offers clients an added service to assist them in getting their wines packaged, and distributed in both domestic and export markets.
With decades of experience and industry knowledge, coupled with an impressive international network of wine buyers, importers and distributors, Vinternational is a professional and respected team. Specialising in international markets, Vinternational can get your wine in front of the right buyers and work with you to ensure the distribution process is hassle free.
Vinternational is also the perfect choice if you are looking to develop a private label for international or domestic markets. The team can assist you with label design & printing, custom winemaking, all production & distribution, plus the sales & marketing to get your new label into the hands of wine drinkers.
Our team can work with you in the development and production of a vast selection of Australian wines in any variety, style and volume that you require. If you have a price point you need to hit or have a specific request, they are able to assist you.
Please contact Project Wine or visit the Vinternational website (www.vinternational.com.au) if you would like to find out more about how the team can assist your wine business with branding and distribution.
Our Tasting Room is an extra facility that we offer our clients.
It gives all customers a professional setting where they can present their wines to important buyers and visiting wholesalers or carry out tastings with their own team. The on-site tasting room also allows our winemakers to assist you with a tasting if required
The winery was formerly known as Langhorne Creek Winery and was built in 1999. It tripled in size over the past 11 years and now has the capacity to crush 10000 tonnes per vintage, can store 12.5 million litres in tanks and 10000 litres in barrel.
Facts & Figures
- EPA processing licence: 30,000 tonnes.
- Grape receival facilities to suit: tip trucks; side-tipping bins; rotating-head forklifts (for large or small bins).
- Red ferment capacity: 1,200 tonnes per cycle.
- Press capacity: from 26,000 to 32,000 litres.
- Centrifuge: Westfalia SC150.
- Fermenter size: from 25 to 60 tonnes.
- Fermenter style: rotary; sluicing; sweeping-arm.
- Bulk storage capacity: over 7 million litres (insulated and uninsulated).
- Tank sizes: 9,000 to 100,000 litres.
- Barrel storage capacity: Approx 4,000.
Directions & Map
83 Pioneer Road, Angas Plains 5255
Project Wine is located 10 minutes out of the Strathalbyn township.
From South Tce in Strathalbyn, turn right on to Langhorne Creek Rd.
Turn right on to the Strathalbyn Milang Rd and follow for approx 4kms.
Turn right on to Pioneer Ave and follow road till you see the winery on the left.
If you would like to be considered for any future positions at Project Wine, please enquire at, or send your CV to: email@example.com
All details are kept private and only viewed by our HR personnel.